Saturday 24 February 2024

I Had A Few Things To Do Today,

Diana was already at work, 


for myself out into a nice sunny day,

walking past the green on the left,

a few spring flowers putting on a good show,

past the green,

in the graveyard,

a few bluebell like flowers opening,

into the solicitors to sign a few papers,

past the nearly open Travel lodge in the High Street,

opposite the George Inn,

and into Boots the pharmacist to pick up my prescription, 

next stop Sainsburys, 

I bought a few cartons of beetroot juice and some Garibaldi biscuits for Duncan,

back to the park and blue skies as I passed Foxgrove Lodge, 

in the afternoon I watched a a few more of Colditz(1972–1974),

 and I just made a start on the two part series Shackleton with Kenneth Branagh in the lead role when Diana returned home, 

a tad later it was time for a read,
 
before our evening meal, chicken and curly chips for this evening,

'Cheers!', after which I was out, 

into a wet and cold Beckenham town,

I caught the 227 to Penge where I meet with Steve in the Moon & Stars, for some reason the pub was really crowded, but I eventually snagged a table, we chatted the night away, 

before we said our goodbyes and made a move for our homes, looking back the front of the building having a few repairs made to it, 

as luck would have it I did not have to wait long for a 227 and I was soon walking through the green, arriving home Diana had already gone to bed, another early start tomorrow, for myself a episode of Have I Got More News For You before I too was off to bed.


No comments: