Friday 8 May 2009

Another Quite Thursday, For Food In The Evening Along To The Soup Stall,

but shock! horror! the soup stall was not there!
but rather than go to another stall we decided to go to a near by market,
some fresh lychee's, only 20 baht a kilo,
a dragon fruit, inside the flesh is white with lots of black seeds, I have not got a clue what these are ore how to peel them without getting lots of splinters!
durian's are now coming in to season, I have tried them 3 times before and was totally underwhelmed each time,
now for some desert, for Diana,
but a bit to sweet for me,
a 10 baht bag of rice, it was easier to buy it than warm up the rice cooker, for me I have some smoked salmon in the freezer so that and the rice, some soi sauce = sushi!
Diana loves fresh coconuts, but after both of us nearly losing several fingers trying to cut the top off of one, we let them cut it at the market, of course on the way home a sudden stop is out of the question unless I want coconut juice down my back!
lots of people at the market today,
the coconut, cut at last,
and some fish for Diana,
and now a balancing act, just do not spill the coconut juice, Diana is starting to look like a contestant in a kids show I used to watch in the mid 1950's called Crackerjack, you had to hold things after answering a question, get the question wrong and you got a cabbage instead of a toy, the compare was Eamonn Andrews amongst others, Diana here is buying some pork crackling for a snack as we watch TV later on, speaking of which if you live out here, TrueVision have just announced that they are cutting BBC Entertainment from the schedule, which is for us a shame as both Diana and myself watch it more than most other programs, but they gave a email address to let them know your comments, in typical monopoly fashion the same standard response was sent out to all, they did not read or answer any points I made in my email, Oh! the joys of having a monopoly!

4 comments:

Issarat said...

Nice photos Stan; where is that market?
-Franky

Issarat said...

Stan, send me your email and I will add you as a reader to my Blog if you want.
(remember I met you at TQ2 a while ago)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan,

Loving your Blog, and read everyday. I really miss Pattaya!

With TrueVision announcing that they are cutting BBC Entertainment from their schedule, does this mean that you will miss any future series of your beloved 'Tudors' on a Monday evening? Or is this on a different channel?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Issarat, the market is on Soi 17 just between the Flybird complex and the Lion Bar, the only problem is that it is not there every day, I do not give out my e-mail address but if you post yours as a comment I will send it to you but I will not publish yours,

Dear Anonymous, the good news is that The Tudors is on another channel, but it still remains we are both going to miss BBC E, best regards, Stan and Diana.