Thursday 7 October 2010

We Had A Quiet Day,

watching a couple of DVD's, the second DVD of The History Of Britain, I had never realised that Edward 1 was so bloodthirsty, I have mentioned him before when we went to Charring Cross, it was He that built the Crosses to mark where his wife's body rested on her way to be buried at Westminster Abbey, then Gattaca, a film set in the future, to travel to the stars you have to be 100% fit, but a menial worker assumes the identity of a fit person to travel, a good film, well worth watching, but I could not help thinking the futuristic cars were in fact 1960's Rover 2000 models with the chrome and badges taken off, we also called in to 3BB, our Internet bill had not arrived and it should have been paid at the end of last month, but you will not believe this, when we return from the office there it was in our mail box!
then out to a meal, when I was stopped in my tracks, two humming birds were flying around the jasmine bush, going from flower to flower, hovering and flying backwards, they were about two and a half inches long,
if you look carefully you can see the proboscis, its tongue taking nectar from the flower, but think about it, there are no humming birds in Asia! what I had seen were in fact two moths, the humming bird moth, but it was so easy to assume they were hummingbirds, the way that they hovered and flew backwards,
then on to Cherry's for their Wednesday night buffet,
we were joined by Chanel and Eric,
Diana at the salad bar,
Eric with some of the many delicious main courses,
so much to chose from,
Eric and Chanel, everyone say 'Ah!'
then home to 388 next to the sweet smelling jasmine, by now the moths had flown,
Eric wanted to borrow a few DVD's,
I had heard the Brian was back in town, so off I went to seek him out,
Diana decided she did not want to come to town so I was off on my own, walking past Soi Blues Factory one of the bars was having a party,
Walking Street was packed, first (and last), stop was to Champions where I joined Juu, along with Brian and his wife, we both caught up on what was happening, then time to head for home,
I was tempted to buy something to snack on for both of us when I got home,
may be a few things on sticks?
there was so much choice I could not make up my mind, so I ended up with nothing!
a quick smell of the jasmine, Juu very kindly gave me a lift home, then off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric says:I seem fat in the picture! Chanel laughs and says:Wow!!!

Thanks for the lovely night, Stan and Diana!

Love,
Eric & Chanel

PattayaStan said...

Dear Eric and Chanel, many thanks to the both of you, looking forward to seeing you both soon, best regards, Stan and Diana.