Wednesday 1 October 2014

We Decided On A Change Of Pace Today,

so off we went to Central Festival, 


  to go bowling, we went early afternoon,

 and I have to say I was expecting the place to be crowded,

but we had the place to ourselves,

so we were told to start on lane number 9,

 Diana could not help laughing,

 something about the bowling ball and my haircut having something in common,

 anyway I was on to my first bowl,

 missed every pin,

 then Diana's turn,

 she looked very good,

 after the first couple of frames the scores pretty much the same,

  more misses for Diana,

 and myself,

Aw! another miss,

 the scores, my final score 59, Diana's 47 with only 1 frame to go, the game was mine!

 but I had not reckoned with Diana's last frame, a strike!

 which brought up this message on the screen, seemed like a good idea,

 the final score on our first game, my 59 to Diana's 67, I must try harder next time, especially as the night before I predicted I would score 140 or more!

 so pins set up for the second game, I have to admit we had a few bouncers in this game as well, look out lanes 10 and 11!

but the pins started to fall,

 with another beer frame or two,

the final scores for the second game in, 144 to me, 79 to Diana, we had a great time but decided on just the two games, in case you fancy a game or two, before 6.00 in the evening it is 120 baht per person per game, plus an extra 50 baht each for the purchase of a pair of socks and 50 baht each for the hire of shoes, we also had a coffee and a coke bringing the bill to 790 baht,

if you want a lesson in how to bowl this video of us will show you how! (not),

 we had a look around some of the shops in the store, a quick look over the bay,

 and a slightly giddy look down,

 on our way home we fancied a treat,

 a nice slice of cake and a coffee,

and where else than Pan Pan on thThappraya Road,

 the range of ice cream,

 cakes,

 and more cakes,

 is just overwhelming,

 decision made, 

 a tota banana for Diana,

 black forest gateau for myself,

 I also ordered a latte coffee which arrived like this,

so pour in the coffee,

 and hey presto!

 it was delicious,

as was Diana's ice chocolate with cream,

we chatted away over over our afternoon treat, then made a move for home, after our evening meal two more from Inspector Morse, the last being the saddest as it was the last in the series, an evening nightcap and for us we were off to bed.


1 comment:

Mocha Joe said...

Looks like you had the whole bowling alley to yourselves! and Diana cetainly has an unorthodox bowling style! lol
Having played in Pattaya myself, I know, certainly by Thai prices, the bowling is quite expensive per game. Maybe why it was so quiet.