Wednesday 15 October 2014

I Went Bed On Sunday Evening,

without a care in the world,


at 03.00 AM Monday morning I awoke covered in sweat and shaking uncontrollably, so much so I woke Diana up, She kindly put more blankets on the bed to keep me warm but I just felt colder and colder, I kept waking up every half an hour or so shaking with cold, till about 06.00 when the sweats started, I was sweating like a sweaty thing, eventually I got up at nearly 07.00 to start on Monday's post and lurched drunkenly across the bedroom, I was so dizzy, my temples and cheek bones were pounding, plus my back, hips and legs were painful, I finished the post at about 08.30 and decided to lay on the sofa for a sleep for a half an hour or so before starting my daily exercise, I woke 4 hours later feeling worse than ever, no excises today! after a small bite to eat I fell asleep again till the early evening, we watched some television in the evening, I do not have a clue what it is, no sore throat, no runny nose, just a pounding headache, hot and cold flushes and that is about it, hopefully I will be better tomorrow, anyway after a Columbo we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stan
Dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever, is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle and joint pains, and a characteristic skin rash that is similar to measles. In a small proportion of cases the disease develops into the life-threatening dengue hemorrhagic fever, resulting in bleeding, low levels of blood platelets and blood plasma leakage, or into dengue shock syndrome, where dangerously low blood pressure occurs.
Get your blood tested.
Mike in KSA

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mike, many thanks for your concern, the good news is as I write this Thursday morning I feel 90% better I still have a slight headache and painful joints but nowhere near as bad as Monday, I must admit Dengue was the first thing that went through my mind on Monday morning, a friend out caught it and he was off work for 10 weeks which was disastrous for his company, as it happens I am due for my bi-monthly check up in 6 days time so I will mention it to the doc then, but I have a feeling it was just a bad cold with a few extras thrown in! once again many thanks, best regards, Stan and Diana.