Thursday 29 November 2018

We Were Up Early,

for breakfast,


 a coconut for Diana,

 orange juice for myself,

 then it was decision time,

 talk about spoilt for choice,

 but I soon decided I would be back for the Cumberland sausage, bacon,

 and ham,

 I continued my walk around,

 the dishes seemed endless,

 in the middle, baked beans, just the ticket for when you are about to take a 12 hour flight!

 fresh fruit in abundance,

 as well as a few sweet cakes,

 I thought this was neat, a honeycomb dripping honey as it was suspended in a frame,

 to go with your waffles,

 eggs cooked just as we like them,

 so time to tuck in, 

 Diana's choice,


and this was mine, two eggs, English and American bacon, Cumberland sausage, ham, mushrooms, baked beans and two hash browns, I decided against the toast as bread is fattening,

 but I have to admit, I do like croissants, so one and a coffee, diet starts tomorrow! 

 in no time at all,

 we were at the airport,

 bags wrapped in cling film,

 and we were off, 

 walking past the Naga feature, 

 well I had to have a pose, then to check in, where we hit a bit of a problem, we knew we were a bit over weight, 15 kilos as it happens, before the charges had been quiet reasonable when we flew with EVA, but today we were flying with Thai Airways, the cost per kilo was an eye watering £55.00 per kilo! but all was not lost, the helpful lady suggested that we repack a big suitcase which was over 30 kilos into two, luckily we had a small collapsible bag with us, then the now underweight suit case and the small bag could go, providing that we brought the smaller of the other cases on the aircraft as hand luggage, so problem solved,

 and here was our aircraft waiting for us,

 so small black suitcase, backpack, Billingham, camera bag, box of orchids, my hat and we were all ready to go,

 but first one of these,

 a neck support for Diana,

  we were soon on our way, a coke for Diana,

 and I somehow ended up with two glasses of wine, 

 Diana was as snug as bug in a rug,

 meal time!

 which was surprisingly nice,

  I had chicken,

 Diana chose pork,

  next meal,

we both went with the pork dish, we had a safe and uneventful flight, our taxi was waiting, and soon we were home,  

 I had taken the precaution of ordering two camping chairs and a collapsible table, Steve had very kindly brought them a lots of other items that we had ordered from the shop to our flat before we arrived, he had even bought a kettle, tea, coffee and milk for when we arrived,

 it was just like Christmas,we had huge number of things to open, speaking of Christmas I ordered these for last Christmas, 

 a bit mean  know, 

only one for Diana and three for me, I liked the look of them so I joined as a crowd funder last year, they are by Filippo Loreti, I chose all four as automatics, it is me I know, but I have a nasty habit of over winding watches, as some from the Soviet era watches I own can attest! and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: