Thursday 28 March 2019

As Many Of Our Regular Readers Know,

for myself the kitchen is a death trap,


if I ever try anything in the kitchen it normally ends in blood, sweat and tears, (all mine), and a potential disaster, just take boiling a couple of eggs, I tried it and over boiled them for hours when I fell asleep, and woke to a horrible smell and a burnt pan, if you have ever done this you will know it takes weeks for the smell to finally disappear and to my eternal shame I did this twice! so here is another reason for me not to cook, 


do you have PYREX® or pyrex® in your kitchen? Do not know? Well you should borosilicate PYREX Glass has excellent thermal shock resistance, it does not expand or contract like ordinary Soda-Lime glass does when exposed to rapid changes in heat or cold, unfortunately when Corning, Inc. sold off the PYREX® trademark it became pyrex® in America and the new company started using Soda-Lime Glass instead of Borosilicate Glass, the company that bought the PYREX® trademark for European use continues to make Borosilicate Glass PYREX, this 2-minute Consumer Reports video above uses extreme conditions to demonstrate the difference, another reason never to enter the kitchen and use a glass dish whatever it is called!


No comments: