Saturday 9 March 2019

Out Fairly Early,

and into the car, 


it was in such a state after our drive through the country lanes when we went to Ardingly, so as we needed a light bulb I parked up in Homeworks on the way to the car wash,

 I was amazed at the number and quality of the orchids on sale there,

 the displays looked so tempting,

 and not just young plants were being offered for sale,

 these chaps were 5 year old mature plants,

 and there were a few bargains to be had if you could wait for the plants to flower again in the future, so a 40 watt bulb later and I was on my way to the carwash,

 the car washed and back home, naturally with my luck with anything electrical, we had bought a lamp, and I having tried the new bulb I had just bought at Homebase I realised I had mistakenly bought a candle bulb for it, and the bulb did what it said on the packet, it was as dim as a candle, but at least we knew the lamp worked, 

 off to Bromley,

 so past the spring flowers in the churchyard,

 and the magnolia also growing in it,

 my pair of brogues had finally called a halt to being worn, the sole had come away from the top, so a new pair was the order of the day, but first we could not pass the fresh seafood stall without buying some whelks,

 we were also tempted by the smoked mackerel, but did not buy any, into the shoe ship and shoes bought and a new bulb purchased from Dyers in the High Street,

then Diana's turn to buy a few things, from one of the street stalls selling food, 

 was some pad Thai and noodles, arriving home I fitted the new bulb and with a self assured flick of the switch turn the lamp on, nothing! I tried the candle bulb and it worked fine, so when the new bulb did not work I was not surprised, the Stanley curse of electrical failures had struck again!

 after our evening meal I was out, to meet Steve at the club for a beer or two, we put the world, with all of its problems to rights, it is just a shame that anyone with any power does not listen to us, but there it is,

 after saying our goodbyes I was off through a windswept park,

passing some ot the other houses in the park on my way home, 

to round off the evening it was feet up for Johnny English, great fun and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: