Tuesday 16 June 2020

A Slight Tap At The Window,

alerted me that the crow was back for his peanuts,


 he called a couple of times as I was posting the blog, also Diana sent a message, to remind me that as from today all travelers on buses, trains and the tube, must wear face masks, so I made a point of remembering to pick one up as I left, 


I was so preoccupied with remembering the face mask, that it was not until was almost at the bus stop that I remembered I had forgotten the cheque I was going to pay into the bank, the whole reason for going into town! so a walk back through the park to pick it up, still the walk must have done me good! 

 eventually I arrived in town, the local cinema looking nice now that the refurbishment has been completed, hopefully it will open soon,

 the war memorial in the round about,

 back in the mid 1960s Deen's Garage sold predominantly motorcycles, from memory they were agents for a make called Francis Barnett, and stockiest of Amal carburetors, now only cycles, but back in the day they never had queues like this outside!

 I walked back home, past Foxgrove Lodge,

in the late afternoon I watched a film Convoy, the 1940s film, lots of not very realistic models, with actual wartime footage mixed in, very stiff upper lip, but still fun to watch,

as I went to the kitchen one of the foxes was waiting for peanuts, just before I took this photograph one of them was playing with her 2 cubs in the back garden, I was a bit slow with the camera, but they were so cute, I wondered if it was the same family we see when Diana works late as as we walk past Foxgrove Lodge, by now Diana had arrived home, so it was one from Endeavour, rounding off the evening with one from New Tricks, next for us we were off to bed.


No comments: