Thursday 11 June 2020

The Crow Called By,

as I was writing the blog,


 something had obviously ruffled one of his feathers!

  as Diana was going into work late,

we decided on a English breakfast, after Diana left for work I spent some time cleaning the aquarium, I was waiting for a delivery, so feet up to watch a couple of films in the afternoon,

firstly Automata, a thoroughly enjoyable film looking into the future, great special effects, actors and story line,

I followed that with Ironclad, a gory look at a part of British history centered around Rochester Castle in the Medway town, which we visited some time ago, the film, whilst not being historically accurate did in fact feature the mining of the castle, which did bring one corner of the castle down, using 40 pigs to do it,

 the parcel I was waiting in for arrived and it was soon time for my evening meal, a read and a pre-meal sherry,

 the flowers looking nice,

 we both particularly like the pinks,

 whist looking out of the window I decided to take a quick photograph of the orchid that had been putting on such a good show, the main stem now dying,

 but the second stem was just starting to flower,

 my meal for the evening some cold cuts with onions and gherkins,

followed by a sandwich. but not just any old sandwich.

 Diana had made me a cockle sandwich, delicious! 

 taking the plate to the kitchen a strange sight,

 for some reason I never expect to see ducks on roof tops, but there he was,

 the aquarium looking nice now that the water had cleared,

 one of the shrimps had shed its outer shell, which is how they grow

 I read and listened to music until about 10.00 in the evening, when Diana called,

so off to the bus stop and back again, we watched one episode of New Tricks, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: