Monday 1 June 2020

As I Started Writing The Blog,

I noticed the fox asleep,


 in the early morning sun,

 later we were all set for Sunday lunch, 'Cheers!',

I should mention that I had by now finished Lanark by Alasdair Gray, in case you missed the description this is what I posted about the book some time ago, the back cover says, 'A Life In 4 Books', so I started with book 3, which is the first of the 4 books, 4 chapters in and I was quite enjoying the read, it was widely praised in the UK, and even received a good write up in the New York Times, the reviewerJohn Crowley, finishes the review with this statement, 'it should be given every chance to reach those readers - for there will surely be some, and not all of them Scots - to whom it will be, for a short time or a lifetime, the one book they would not do without' praise indeed, 

 I had now some time ago started reading River God, a part of the Egyptian series by Wilbur Smith, at the same time, 

 on to our starters, an egg salad for Diana,

 for myself,

 a prawn salad with many thanks to Steve and Kai for their fresh salad that had homegrown,

 I mentioned that when we were in that park I had sat in the sun for too long, and here is that proof!

 our main course for today, roast chicken,

 and for desert,

a summer desert, with peaches and pears in cream and condensed milk,

 it was then time for our afternoon 'B'movie, for today The Atomic Brain,

 which had for some reason been renamed Monstrosity, which it was, if you see what I mean!, 

we followed that with Dunkirk, the original 1958 version, 

next for us on BBC2 was Burma with Simon Reeve, a interesting but somewhat depressing look at the peoples of Burma who are being so cruelly treated in the ongoing civil war, we rounded the evening of with Jaws, after that we were off to bed.


No comments: