Wednesday 10 June 2020

First Thing,

two of the three foxes that visit us,


 were in the garden, 

 as I was typing the blog, one of the crows again landed on the window sill for a peanut, but why have one,

 when he can have three or four? Diana was already at work, so I decided to pop upstairs and play with a few photographs, but it was not to be,

it was a classic case of 'the computer says no', so a quick call to Home Computer Repairs, 0208 658 4366, that has a drop off point in Beckenham, and I was in luck, the company based in London had a technician, Steve, just about to leave Beckenham, I explained what the problem was, I switched on the computer, it ran for a couple of seconds then switched off, 10 minutes later the computer was speeding its way to London, after a few hours another technician, Sam, called with a number of options, basically the hard drive had given up the will to live, I went with the most expensive option, all of my programs on the defunct hard drive would be saved to the new one, which for myself was a great relief, as I had so many photography programs on it, it would take me hours to reload them, that is if I knew what I was doing! in the late afternoon a call, the computer was on its way back to me, 

when it arrived a struggle upstairs to my man attic, I plugged it in and it all worked! the bill? including retrieving all of the data, programs, whatever and installing them on the new hard drive plus fitting a1 tb ssd hard drive, a Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and 8 gb Ram upgrade, came to £505.00, picked up and returned to my home, all done in a day, what a great service, well done Home Computer repairs!!!! 

after watching a few quiz shows and my film for the evening which was In Harms Way, a good old gung ho black and white war epic,

Diana went to work early, and arrived home early too, so off to the bus stop,

just as it was getting dark, a shame we missed the Wisteria on Foxgrove Lodge, but there it is, we will look forward to next years show, arriving home it was feet up for New Tricks then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: