Sunday 28 June 2020

First Thing,

one of the cubs was in the garden,


 no sign of the second one,

 but Mum was there,

 I threw a few peanuts out for them,

 which they and the crow love, and this is about as close as they get without the cub chasing the crow away, 

 I wanted a couple of boot laces, when under the umbrella in the garden the wind almost blows it over, so I used a couple of boot laces tied to the lounger to stop this happening, so I thought I had better buy some for the boots that were now sans laces, 

 and this is where I was going to buy them, then a slight problem, the shop does not take cards,

 so down to the cash point opposite the church,

laces and paper bought, then back into the park,

 I had a late breakfast/early lunch, I had to finish up the scones, Cornish cream and raspberry jam, delicious! 

 it was then time for my pre-meal sherry, 

 for tonight, 

 a selection of cold cuts,

 with 3 slices of peppered beef and a couple of large gherkins, to go with the cocktail ones and silver skin onions, later in the evening Steve called by and dropped off some delicious home grown radishes, many thanks to Steve and Kai, 

Steve knows I have an interest in metal detecting and mentioned a new television series about the hobby, we both watched 3 episodes of the Detectoristswe were going to watch just one, but it was so funny we watched a further 2 episodes, great fun in a very understated British humor way, after saying farewell to Steve, I listened to music,

 until Diana called,

so walk through the park and home again where it was feet up for a nightcap and one episode of Poirot, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: