Thursday 7 March 2024

Blog Posted,

and I was on my way out, 


into a slightly cold day, I should say this is another day I will only be making one post, on Thursday I have a 08.00 AM appointment at the garage to give the car its annual MOT every car over 3 years old has to have one of these to make sure it is roadworthy, back to Wednesday, 

I was on my way to visit Duncan in the nursing home in Gravesend, past Peter Pan's Pool,

the number 54 bus I was on heading to Blackheath,

on the way I spotted some rather lovely magnolia trees in flower, 

as it happens these are just a couple of several along Bromley Road,

the dead looking creeper on this building in a few months will looks so nice, it is a wisteria,

the traffic in Catford light, and the bus was making good time hardly ever stopping to pick up passengers,

Lewisham market getting ready for today's trade,

I then found out why so few passengers were boarding the bus, there was another number 54 in front of this one!

I often see this, the home owner making sure the cable to charge the car can be seen by people using the public footpath, but what happens if someone falls and breaks a arm or wrist? I wonder if the home owners insurance would cover the claim?

I passed another few magnolias,

looking so nice, and then there it was, 

I was in a convoy of three number 54 buses! the convoy made its way past the station but did not stop as the stop was closed, so I alighted at the next stop, and what did I see?

another number 54 bus following the one I was on, in the space of just 2 minutes there were 4 number 54 buses! how on earth did the controller at the garage allow this to happen? the problem being I would guess that as each bus should be 20 minutes or so apart, there will not be another bus for some time, 

bad news at the station, no through trains to Gravesend, 

so a stop at Dartford, 

which gave me plenty of tine to look at the willow trees by the lake next to the station.

a cloudy day when I arrived at Gravesend,

on to and off of the 483 and a walk up the hill,

to the nursing home where Duncan lives,

the day had changed somewhat, blue skies were taking over, 

inside Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away then 2 nurses arrived to take a blood sample, after which the squirrel paid us a visit, luckily I had some peanuts on me, so he immediately started burying them, after a couple of hours Duncan's lunch arrived so we said our farewells,

and I left for home, in the flower bed the roses starting to sprout, spring must be here!

in Blackheath Village I took a few photographs of the florists shop next to the station, I did not this morning as I did not want to miss the train,

a really nice show of cut flowers,

but then it is mothers day soon,

onto the number 54 bus for the ride home, by Lewisham hospital,

the flower beds looking full of colour,

the bee garden on top of this bus shelter, 

starting to grow,

I alighting near the park, I had a look at the pillars that were damaged in the accident, I had expected them to be finished by now, but it was a bigger job than I imagined, 

the good news, the house sign survived!

into the park passing Foxgrove Lodge,

nearly home as I neared the snail mail box, arriving home, I had some post, 

a double CD of David Bowie hits had arrived, but, this is one of those, "why does this always happen to me?" things, it was a double CD, I opened all of the case up, but only one CD!

on the back of the case the play list, and there they were, CD 1 and CD 2, 

I had CD 2 so where was CD 1? as with all large companies no one to actually talk to, the list of options did not include 1 CD in the case was missing, I had to enter 'faulty goods', an immediate response was received that the company would be in touch in 48 hours, so that was that, 

time for my evening read and meal, 

for tonight a Lancashire hot pot, delicious!

'Cheers!', after which I watched,

  Journey to the Centre of the Earth, a real boys own adventure, Professor Trevor Anderson receives his teenager nephew Sean Anderson, He will spend ten days with his uncle while his mother, Elizabeth, prepares to move to Canada, they find a book and the adventure begins, none stop action once they arrive in Iceland,

I next watched an old favourite, Jojo Rabbita young lad in Germany wants to join the Hitler youth movement, and has as his imaginary friend, Adolf himself, fiercely patriotic, it is a disturbing realisation when he finds his mother is hiding a girl in the wall, a Jewess, so funny, so tragic, after which Diana arrived home, so I put on,

another film, The Madness of King George, (actually King George III), a great costume drama of the true madness of King George III, it is now thought that he had porphyria, which can be acquired or inherited, porphyria is a disorder of the blood where by porphyrins (and their precursors) accumulate to toxic levels in the body leading to various disorders, but back to the film, it is the story of King George III of England's slide into insanity, and the political and royal back stabbing which results from his incapacitation and to the inevitable question as to who is making decisions and ruling the country, a enjoyable if some what sad in places great movie, by the end of the film it was late, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: