Friday 1 March 2024

I Only Had A Couple Of Things To Do Today,

firstly advise all of the residents that there would be a fire alarm test on Friday,

also change all of the special offers for this month at Kingfisheries, which took a tad longer than I thought it would, 

next upload songs from The Greatest Novelty Songs, a 3 CD box set, so many favourites from when I was a kid, 

as it happens I am listening to Mr Custer sung by Larry Verne, as I type this, 

which I followed with Bernard Cribbins singing Hole In The Ground, 

and I just had to listen to the Ying Tong Song, by The Goons, twice! at the time The Goons were so incredibly popular, the radio show ran from 1951 to 1960, making a total of 231 episodes (10 series) so many memories in some of the songs on the CDs, 

after Diana arrived home we watched a couple of quiz shows before our evening meal, which we followed with a BattleBots, next a Belgium made film Wil, set in Antwerp at the time it was occupied in WWII it follows the path of 2 axillary policemen, and the agonising choices they had to make during that time, it was not an easy view, as it does have a number of scenes of brutality, murder and torture, after which Diana was off to bed, for myself,

I watched Independence Day, full of gung-ho and great special effects as the aliens try to conquer the world but did not reckon on the hero and scientists at area 51, after which I too was off to bed.


No comments: