Tuesday 5 March 2024

Diana Was On A Evening Shift Today,

so we had breakfast together, 


and what better way to start the day than with a mug of tea and a bacon sandwich? I should mention that I am making one post today, as tomorrow it is Diana's day off, so we will be out early for the day, back to Monday, the post had already arrived as Diana left, in it were a few goodies, so I started to rip them to my music collection, which took a tad longer than I thought, 

firstly Forgotten Hits

and yes there were a lot there I had forgotten, also a number I had never even heard of! still it will be great fun listening to them as I type the blog over the next few days,

also in the package Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin, who needs no introduction, here an article about his too short life, 

and this CD last, Max Bygraves, a childhood favourite, it was great listening to,

 Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea after so many years, I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the videos I took whilst in Singapore at a trade show for the aquatic trade, 

part 3 of my trip to Singapore, in my hotel it was a long way down to the hotels koi pond, next stop, the Singapore Expo, where manufactures from the aquatic trade have a bi-yearly meeting, lots of new products including a new range of outdoor pond filters and even a vacuum cleaner for your fish pond! All from a company called OASE, I also had a look at a marine aquarium and a stand marketing banks of aquariums for shop installations, after my evening meal and a few quiz shows it was feet up,

 for King Arthur, the directors cut, I had watched the movie before but it was good to watch again, I rounded off the evening with one more from my package this morning, 

Ripping Yarns, staring Michael Palin and Terry Jones in a much-loved spoof, spectacular tales of derring-do and derring-don't, from Tomkinson's Schooldays to Across the Andes by Frog, great fun if you are into Monty Python, the series ran from 1976 to 1979, I watched 2 episodes, after which Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a coffee and a chat whilst we watched a Have I Got News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: