Sunday 24 March 2024

I Had Another Quiet Day,

so I thought I would make a short video,


in it I visited some of the shops in Singapore that sell discus fish, (Symphysodon aequifasciatus), the video starts outside a typical shop, the fish are kept in bare tanks as it is easier to clean, pipes that can take out waste and replace water can be seen in the video, many of the aquariums have breeding pairs of fish in them, considered by many they are difficult to breed and raise the young, mainly because fish from the wild and the far east require soft water, and also the fry start their life by feeding on a mucus the adult fish produce on their bodies, the breeding adults are approximately 6”-7" some of the aquariums have fish in various stages of growth, towards the end of the video I take a close up view of a adult pair and their fry, the last pair have laid their eggs on a up pipe, both patents look after the eggs, removing any eggs that have gone white, as this means they are not fertile,

in the late afternoon I watched a documentary about HMS Belfast, that we visited way back in September 2010, she is the last big-gun armoured warship from the Second World War in Europe, she is a 11,200 ton cruiser mounting twelve 6-inch guns, the Admiralty's requirement called for a 9,000 ton cruiser, sufficiently armoured to withstand a direct hit from an 8-inch shell, capable of 32 knots, (59 km/h; 37 mph), she had a crew of up to 950 men, by now it was time for my evening read and sherry, 

which I followed with a avocado prawn cocktail the Diana had left for me, 

eyes down and tuck in, 

liver and bacon for my main course, 'Cheers!',

I then watched watch Interstellar, we had watched it before, this is what I wrote then:

'one of the few space movies we have seen where the space shots are so realistic, good enough to make you think you are actually there, but leaving that aside a movie that is appealing on so many levels and the twist, so good, we both really enjoyed the story although in places a bit difficult to follow, but well worth watching', 

after which Diana arrived home from work, so feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched a interview by Michael Parkinson whose guests were Tommy Cooper and Frankie Howard, great fun, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: