Wednesday 27 March 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as it is Wednesday, and first thing I will be off to visit Duncan,


back to Tuesday, Diana is on late shift today so we had a huge English breakfast to start the day, after Diana had left for work, I had 3 things to do, so out into a slightly cold day,

past the magnolia, 

which was still looking good,

and into the station, the first thing I had to do was buy tickets for myself to travel to Winchester on Saturday, 

but alas the ticket office was closed, so that was that, 

next continue walking into town, past the green, 

and the nearly completed Travelodge, 

just this last bit to do, 

into the post office for some A3 size paper, success they had a pack of 10 sheets in stock, so 1 - 1 of the things I had to do,

next stop Sainsbury's to pick up some garibaldi biscuits for Duncan that he likes so much, I had some for Wednesday but would need some after that, and of course they were out of stock, 2 - 1 against the things I wanted to do, I enquired about when they would be back in stock, the assistant looked on her hand held machine as we both looked at the label where they should have been, "well we are out of stock now, and there are no deliveries of them scheduled for next week or the week after", so that was that, I was now homeward bound, 

past the Foxgrove Lodge at the entrance to the park,

in the distance a huge commotion, 

a number of parakeets were having a meeting in one of the trees, I counted 18 or so of them,

we normally see twos or threes, arriving home it was feet up for a couple of quiz shows before my evening meal, after which a Giant Lobster Hunters and a Outback Gold Hunters before a Midsomer Murder, during which Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat, we settled down to watch a all star cast in,
Murder by Decree, Sherlock Holmes takes on Jack the Ripper, (which he never did in the books), the sets of old London were so good, but deserted, as many commenters mentioned, at the time the streets would have had people in them 24/7, but there it is, very enjoyable after which we were off to bed.


No comments: