Saturday 2 March 2024

Diana Was On A Late Shift Today,

after she left for work,


I had a househusband day, all of the usual thing, hoovering the flat, watering the plants, etc, in the late afternoon I watched a couple of quiz shows before my read, this week the latest Private Eye arrived, it has so many snippets that I like, one in particular called Number Crunching, where 2 different numbers are compared, this on page one and I quote:

41% British adults finding very or somewhat difficult to afford energy bills, according to ONS (Office of National Statistics)

943% Increase in British Gas profits from 2022 to 2023


after a read it was time for my meal tonight, Diana had bought me a chicken and pork pie,

'Cheers!',

after which I was out to meet Steve at the club, the lights on one of the tennis courts were on, but nobody was playing, 

I meet Steve in the club house as we chatted the night away over a few pints, after we said our goodbyes we made a move for our homes, as it happened I beat Diana home, just by 15 minutes or so,

a coffee and a chat it was as we watched Con Air, a prisoner soon to be released finds himself along for the ride when other imamates stage a breakout in a plane, great fun and a great cast, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: