Thursday 21 March 2024

First Thing Blog Posted,

and I was out, 


into a grey day, and off to visit Duncan, 

I passed the magnolia, 

and 2 flowering cherry trees on my way to the bus stop,

lots of passengers on the upper deck today, 

as I was on the right hand side of the bus a photograph of Peter Pan's Pool,

on the other side of the road, and the River Ravensbourne, that feeds it, 

from its source, the feed for it, water from Caesars Well, that we have visited many times on our visits to Keston Ponds

the grass playground is a tad on the small side,

I recently had the car go through its MOT at Eden Park Garage in Eden Park, out of interest there is another branch of it here in Bromley Road,

into Catford and past the Ninth Life pub, 

I have photographed this before, The Simpsons Love Catford!

stopping by Lewisham hospital, the flowers in the council gardens looking nice,

I always look at this bath, if ever we decided to have a bath rather than a shower this would be the one for us!

I do not normally sit this side of the bus, so here is the Lewisham fire station, 

into Lewisham and the traffic really snarled up, even motorcyclists could not weave their way through,

a photograph of St. Margarets, I pass it every time I visit Duncan, it is normally obscured by leaves, 

off of the bus in Blackheath Village, and a look at the florists next door to the station,

a nice show of cut flowers, 

more here, 

and a nice selection of potted plants,

on to the platform and a bit of bad news, no trains to Gravesend from Blackheath this morning, 

so off of the train at Dartford, 

at least the fountain in the pond next door to the station was working for me to have a look at, on to the next Gravesend bound train,

and here I was in Gravesend bus terminal, a 27 minute wait for the next 483, 

the good news was that it was turning into a nice bright spring day,

off of the 483 and up the hill, to the nursing home Duncan lives in,

the cherry in this front garden putting on a good show,

a few more weeks and the silver birches here will be green and silver, 

into the home where Duncan was in fine spirts, and some good news, his YouTube channel was working, we just had to look at some of the places we had visited over the years that tourists had made a video of and posted it on YouTube, we chatted away until his lunch arrived and we said our goodbyes, 

outside the roses really starting to put leaves on their stems,

I passed the garden with the cherry tree in it,

and a walk down to the bus stop, all went well, until I reached Blackheath, many times I have mentioned that the number 54 bus travels in groups of 2 or 3 and one time 4! just 30 seconds or so apart, and have photographed the buses queued behind each other on many occasions, and this is the problem that it causes,

a 24 minute wait until the next group of 2 or 3 arrive, 

eventually one arrived, the cherry trees opposite Lewisham hospital in full bud, 

the flowers in the beds looking nice too,

although the bee garden on top of this bus stop looks green,

on closer inspection,

none of the original plants have survived, these are all weeds, but at least they are growing!,

the green roof of this building, 

is defiantly growing back, 

off of the number 54 bus and my walk through the park begins, the cherry trees on the right looking nice,

and the magnolia with the owners gate open look so nice as well,

it is just a pity that the flowers do not last longer, arriving home a few CDs had arrived, I always buy CDs, I hate the thought of buying something that is not really mine, today the CD

 Vienna by Ultravox, had arrived, 

one of the tracks from it, also a 3CD set, I Grew Up in the70's and a 5 CD set 100 Hits of the 80's all pretty self explanatory, I will put them on the computer and then on to my telephone, 

time for a sherry and a read, 

my meal tonight a Lancashire hot pot,

'Cheers!', after which I watched the usual Giant Lobster Hunters and one from Outback Opal Hunters, then a really for myself interesting programme, 

when built and launched she was the most modern state of the art vessel, by 1914, all major navies measured their strength by the number of Dreadnought battleships and battlecruisers they possessed, The Mighty Dreadnought: Monster Warship of WWI amazingly after just 8 years she was already out of date, and here she is,

HMS Dreadnought, photograph naval-encyclopedia.com for more details of this mighty ship have a look here, after which Diana returned home, so feet up for a coffee and a chart, as we watched a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: