Thursday 11 April 2024

Another Day Of Only One Post,

as today is Diana's day off,


so first thing we will be out, back to Wednesday, I was out into a sunny day, and off to visit Duncan,

blue skies, and blossom everywhere,

onto the number 54 bus and past the park entrance,

and Peter Pan's Pool,

heading towards Catford, still blue skies, 

one of the few bee gardens that still have the original plants and not weeds growing in it,

I was making good time, until a change of drivers at Catford garage, 

past the huge wisteria, no signs of any flowers yet, 

one of the stall holders in Lewisham market waiting for a customer,

I have mentioned this before, a electric cable recharging a EV car, just thinking if someone does trip over the cable and is injured, who pays damages to the person with say a broken arm?

I was early in Blackheath village, the florists next to the train station not yet open,

the upline commuter train to London had just left, 

I had to change trains in Dartford, but I was in luck, the Gravesend train was just about to pull out, so only one photograph from inside the carriage,

at Gravesend bus hub just a 20 minute wait for a 483, 

and I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan lives, 

on the way this cherry tree looked so nice,

and it looks like there could be a bumper crop of apples this year, 

so many flowers, I just hope they all set, the gardeners said when there are apples on the tree to help myself, but I have to say last year the entire crop was exactly, one!

the leaves on the silver birch trees starting to grow, inside Duncan was in fine spirts, but there was a problem, his television had sound but no picture, I called the engineer who after testing it gave us the bad news, the television was a write off, thankfully he knew of a room that had a television but no occupant, the previous occupant had left a television, so in no time the new television fitted and the old one carted away, Duncan and myself chatted away about our latest trip that Steve, Kai, Diana and myself had made to the tulip field on Sunday, also that I had a long conversation with Phil who had just returned from Thailand, he lives in the same estate as we did, just around that corner, so I brought Duncan up to date with all of the Thai news, when Duncan's lunch arrived we said our farewells,

outside in just a week the roses had started to form buds, 

amazing that they had grown so quickly, 

I caught a 483 bus back to the station and platform 0, where a train was waiting, alas not mine!

the train I needed pulled in, not so many carriages as normal, and luckily a through train, so no changing at Dartford,

in Blackheath village the florists now open, 

a nice show of dwarf roses, 

and cut flowers, onto a number 54 bus and I was on my way home,

by the gardens opposite Lewisham hospital the flower beds looking nice and the chestnut trees already in flower, 

last week not a flower in sight, this week here they are,

the flower bed with some palm trees looking very gay,

the Catford cat could do with a lick of paint behind the ears,

this bee garden on top of the bus shelter,

is with the original plants and still doing well,

but the next one taken over by weeds, but at least the bees might like the flowers!

at the entrance to the park, the wisteria on Foxgrove Lodge,

starting to flower, 

another week or so and it should start to become stunning, and the lodge will be the most photographed building in Beckenham!

it was soon time for my evening meal, but first a read as the latest copy of Private Eye was waiting in the mat for me when I returned home, 

next a couple of onion bhajees, 

for my starter, 

followed by a steak and pork pie, 

'Cheers!', after which it was feet up for a Deadliest catch, followed by a programme I found fascinating, it reminded me so much of my travels in North East India, I started making a few videos of the trip starting here

photograph BBC the documetary was called India's Frontier Railways, episode 2, this is the story of an international railway line. It runs for 20 miles from the little-known town of Janakpur in Nepal and crosses over the border to Jaynagar junction in India. But now the last train in Nepal is under threat of closure, and a fascinating story it was too, you can watch the video here, after which it was a Midsoemr Murder until Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched another Midsomer Murder on ITVX before we were off to bed.


No comments: