Sunday 21 April 2024

As It Was Saturday,

I decided to take a few photographs of this weeks growth, 


of our Venus flay traps, the first one that I removed a flower spike from last week growing well,

the second ones flower spike also growing well,

and if you look closely, 

one of the traps had caught a fruit fly, (I think), and had now opened up revealing the prey, 

the third fly trap I bought from Hampshire Insectivorous Plants was growing so well,

2 more new leaves, 

and a couple of flower spikes, 

which I will remove next week as growing them weakens the plant,

the flower spike on the original fly trap that Diana bought for me in Coolings when we went there and Coombe Garden, was growing albeit at a bit of a angle, 

and two more spikes were forming, 

again I will trim them off next week,


in the late afternoon I fancied a glass of Vietnamese coffee, so percolator on top of a glass with a half inch or so of condensed milk at the bottom,

the refill the top and wait for the result, 

enter long spoon and stir, 

delicious!

time for my read and sherry, 

and starter that Diana had left for me, a prawn cocktail salad, 

eyes down and tuck in,

I followed that with a shepherds pie, 

'Cheers!', after my meal a couple of films for the evening firstly, 

 Elysium, a futuristic sci-fi, a classic tale of them and us, humanity has split between those on earth, the have nots and those orbiting the earth on a huge apace station, the haves, and how the have nots want it all, so a bit of a fight and the rest as they say is history, great special effects, I followed that with a 2 part film, 

I watched Hitler: The Rise of Evil, a strange choice of subject matter but it was a tour de force for lead actor Robert Carlyle, we share the same birthday so that should be good for one of us, but back to the film, the movie describes the life of Adolf Hitler from childhood to manhood, and how he became so powerful, the chilling thing was that at least in the film it all looked so easy for him, I watched both parts which meat just as it finished Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched,

photograph and story from the Telegraph, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, as told by one of the lead characterMelvyn Hayeswhich was surprisingly being reshown, naturally with numerous warnings so as not to upset the snowflakes, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: