Sunday 28 April 2024

Crikey!

Saturday has raced around again, 


I just do not know where the time goes, Diana had just left for work, so I decided to look at the Venus fly traps, the first one I was letting the flower stalk grow, 

and looking carefully, 

I noticed a few new traps growing, 

but unfortunately the one next door, 

had a couple of traps that were going black, I am guessing that is not a good sign! but again a couple of new traps were appearing,

this one is going great guns, it now has 7 traps growing on long leaves I guess they are called, 

this is the same plant when I bought it, no long stems at all, 

the flower spike on this one is growing well, 

the flowers just starting to open, looking at my e-mails I had received a nice photograph from Jeff, 

it was taken 9 years ago to the day last Friday, from left to right, myself, Brian and Jeff, we were sat at the bar in Thepprasit market, many thanks Jeff for the photograph, also looking forward to meeting up again, next I decided to try and make one of our photographs have a look like it had been taken using the Autochrome process, 

I decided on this one of Diana when we went to Kew Gardens for one of the many orchid shows, above the photograph straight out of the camera,

I changed it to a black & white,

going back to the colour photograph, I added a little haze and darken the corners,

added a touch of pastel shades,

and took some colour out, 

in this one I tried a bokeh look,

and then change to plain black & white,

next a slight sepia tone

and then a full sepia tone, and what about the Autochrome look I was trying for? I just could not duplicate the effect, still it was great fun playing the photograph in the afternoon, then time for my evening read and a sherry, 

the Eye nearly finished, 

for my meal tonight bangers & mash,

'Cheers!', then feet up for,

 Blade Runner, the Harrison Ford version, which I thoroughly enjoyed, although at the time it was not well received,

next the epic How the West Was Won, an all star cast included Carroll Baker, Lee J. Cobb, Henry Fonda, Carolyn Jones, Karl Malden, Gregory Peck, George Peppard, Robert Preston, Debbie Reynolds, James Stewart, Eli Wallach, John Wayne and Richard Widmark. The supporting cast features Brigid Bazlen, Walter Brennan, David Brian, Ken Curtis, Andy Devine, Jack Lambert, Raymond Massey as Abraham Lincoln, Agnes Moorehead, Harry Morgan as Ulysses S. Grant, Thelma Ritter, Mickey Shaughnessy, Harry Dean Stanton, Russ Tamblyn and if you were quick you would have seen Lee Van Cleef playing one of the bad guys, of course, all giving great performances as one would expect, also as it was recorded in true three-lens Cinerama with the according three-panel panorama projected onto an enormous curved screen, the scenes were just so impressive, during the film Diana arrived home so we settled down and continued to watch the film until we were both tired and we were then off to bed.


No comments: