Friday 26 April 2024

Patented In 1903 By The Lumière Brothers In France And First Marketed In 1907,

Autochrome was an additive colour "mosaic screen plate" process, 


photographs found here at Société française de photographie, so what is a Autochrome? it was not only the first colour process to be commercial produced, but also probably to many the most beautiful photographic process ever invented, a little more is space is needed to explain exactly what the Autochrome process consisted of, the best thing I would suggest is to go to this link, which explains the history and process better than I ever could, for myself the photographs have such a dreamy, timeless quality about them, 




I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did, there is a guide to making your own Autochrome here, for more Autochrome photographs have a look here.


No comments: