Friday 5 April 2024

Diana Was Already At Work,

as she is on a early shift this morning, 


as I posted the blog there he was, 

a duck on the ridge of the roof next door, I have often remarked that it seems strange place for ducks to perch,

next I was out to visit Steve, 

walking to his home the trees beginning to come to life,

for the spring, new green growth everywhere,

in Cator park,

the tulips putting on a good show, I arrived at Steve and Kai's home, he had just received a pair of speakers back form being refurbished, and with no neighbours in we could really try them out!

after which I wanted to go to the Bell Green retail park, so past the station,

to the 352 bus stop nearby, it was 1.30 in the afternoon,

opposite the trees in flower,

I had two things I wanted to pick up, the small Sainsburys in Beckenham does not stock saveloy sausages, but they are stocked at the huge Sainsburys here in the retail park, and guess what? you got it, sold out!

the other thing I wanted to pick up was a piece of 32mm X 28mm X 240mm timber and have it cut to 35cm lengths, at B & Q they offer a timber cutting service, and yes, you got there before me, 

the sign is self explanatory, after asking it appeared that they could cut the piece of wood that I wanted but not big sheets, so off I went and my luck struck again! there was no 32mm X 28mm section in stock, luckily I found some that was 25mm X 45 mm not exactly what I wanted but it would do, naturally the guy that was going to cut the wood was by now nowhere to be seen, evenly the wood was cut and I was on my way home,

walking up Blakeney Road from the 352 bus stop, someone had had a whoops! moment,

I turned the corner into Beckenham Place Park, for the last part of my walk home,

looking back the tops of the gate pillars still not fitted, 

I arrived home it was now 4.00 in the afternoon, most of the time spent waiting for the 352 bus, and this is what I wanted the wood for, I will hot glue the wood end on under the shelf Alan gave me to stop it bowing, when I use it for my Wild Gears, as by now Diana was home I will start gluing tomorrow, we watched a couple of quiz shows before our evening meal, after which a Giant Lobster Hunters, then time for our evening film,

  
originally titled Eight for Silver, a take on the magpie rhymebut instead of the more well-known version:

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret,
Never to be told.
Eight for a wish,
Nine for a kiss,
Ten a surprise you should be careful not to miss,
Eleven for health,
Twelve for wealth,
Thirteen beware it’s the devil himself,

the lines rearranged to read eight for silver,

the film was released as The Cursemost of the film is set between 1764 and 1767, a mysterious creature called the Beast ravaged the rural region of Gévaudan, France, about 100 men, women and children reportedly fell victim to La Bête du Gévaudan, (the beast of Gévaudan), the film was remarkably enjoyable, with a slightly different take on werewolves, after which as Diana has another early start tomorrow she was off to bed, for myself a double helping of Have I Got More News For You. before I too was off to bed.


No comments: