Saturday 20 April 2024

After Diana Left For Work,

it was play time, 


with my Wild Gears, but first I should say my trusty glue gun was not so trusty, some of the pieces of wood I had attached under the tray to stop it from bowing had come adrift, the rest just about still in place, so a trip to the glue shop next time I am out and about,
 
I made a start, and failed completely, 


all was going well with my second attempt, until another slight slip!


a tad better,


I decided to try blue ink on this one, 

then red, 

I think the black is better, another slip up, or three!

try again! I do enjoy watching the patterns unfold, I just wish I did not make so many slips!

by now my arm was starting to ache, so everything put away,

also it was time for my evening meal, for a change a white wine this evening, 

first a read of the latest issue of Private Eye

before a huge bowl of spring country vegetable soup with sweetcorn,

'Cheers!', 

as I was going to the kitchen with my empty plate, there he was, 

the duck was back having a one legged perch on the roof of a neighbours house,

after my meal I was out to meet Steve in the club, 

not many in the tennis courts this evening, 

the cricket green now covered,

looking back at the old pavilion,

and the club house, inside I meet up with Steve and Frank, where we chatted the night away, arriving home it was feet up for a,

 Up Pompeii, which was a British television comedy series set in ancient Pompeii and broadcast between 1969 and 1970, starring Frankie Howerd

and his cast of household slaves, as that ended Diana arrived home so we moved from Pompeii,

 to the steamy jungles of Burma and settled down for a Ain't Half Hot Mum, before we were off to bed.


No comments: