Saturday 27 April 2024

Diana Was On Late Shift Today,

so we had a lazy day,


starting with hard fried eggs on baked beans on toast, 'Cheers!", with a mug of Rosy Lee, 

after Diana left for work I did my exercises and showered, next I gave the aquarium a huge spring clean, and it needed it! in the evening time for my evening meal, but first continue my read of Private Eye

 for my meal tonight a chicken, bacon and leek pie, 

'Cheers!', this time with a red wine,

next out to the number 54 bus stop and into town,

changing buses at the war memorial for number 227, 

I was soon here, this week meeting Steve at the Moon & Stars, the place was packed, I ended up standing for the first pint, then a table became free shortly before Steve arrived, we chatted away, 

as it happens Steve had watched all of the Mr. Bates Vs the Post Office, so we had a chat about how despicable the senior management at the post office really are, after saying our farewells we made a move for our homes, Diana had beaten me home so it was feet up for the last part of Mr Bates vs The Post Office, it was amazing how unfeeling the upper management of the Post Office were, they knew there were problems, but totally failed to act letting innocent people go to prison, and worse still the management are still dragging their feet, only yesterday this headline and I quote:

Post Office inquiry latest: Former executive accused of 'blatant lie' - as barrister loses patience at scandal inquiry. Angela van den Bogerd returned to the inquiry for a second day of evidence over failures that led to sub-postmasters being wrongly convicted of theft and fraud.”

yesterdays article is here, the Post Office should be thoroughly ashamed of itself but it is not, the management still refuse as of yesterday to hand over crucial documents, and I bet not a single person from the Post Office management will spend a day in jail, despite the fact faulty computer software resulted in some 230 post office workers being imprisoned on false charges of theft and fraud, thousands of others were accused of similar misdeeds, as the programme finished we were off to bed.



No comments: