Thursday 4 April 2024

Blog Posted,

and I was out to visit Duncan,


past the snail mail box, 

onto the number 54 bus and I was passing Perter Pan's Pool,

no sign of the wisteria flower on this building in Catford yet,

Lewisham market open for business,

off of the bus and a look at the florists next to the station,

lots of cut flowers,

for every budget, 

potted plants too,

bad luck with the trains, no through service to Gravesend, so a change of trains at Dartford, 

still it gave me plenty of time to look at the weeping willow and one of the swans,

great news for today, I alighted at Gravesend on the other side of the tracks than I normally do, 

as Alan was also going to visit Duncan today, 

in no time we were at the nursing home,

well I just had too! Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away also Alan had brought along a couple of drones that he has for us both to have a look at, as Duncan's lunch arrived we said our farewells, Alan kindly dropped me off at the station and gave me a present, many thanks to Alan,

luckily I caught a though train, so no changing trains at Dartford, and was soon on the number 54 bus passing Lewisham hospital, where the cherry blossoms were flowering,

it had just started to rain as I arrived home, Diana had beaten me back as she was on a early shift, 

and this is what Alan had given me, a steel shelf, way back in October 2017 when we were still in Thailand I bought a few sets of Wild Gears, they are like Spirograph, but much finer made and all cut by laser, the good news was that we had brought them with us when we made the move back to the UK.

in Thailand I had a metal table that I used with magnets to hold down the paper and gears, 

you can get the idea from the above, well as Alan had a spare metal shelf he gave it to me, so over the next few days I will glue some supports under the shelf, so it does not bow and buy some magnets, I made a few posts about Wild Gears, here and here, great fun ahead!

by now it was time for a read and sherry, 

before a farmhouse country soup for our starters, 

followed by a wagyu steak each, with sauce for Diana,

sans sauce for myself, 

'Cheers!',

we rounded off our meal with a trifle, then feet up for a Midsomer Murder, after which Diana was off to bed as she has another early start tomorrow, for myself,
 
another outrageously funny Little Britain,

followed by another from It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: