Sunday 14 April 2024

I Am Only Making One Post, (And One Small One),

for the next couple of days, 


because today the 14th of April in 1950 I was born, so as a birthday treat Diana is taking us away for a couple of days, back to Saturday in the week since I last posted a few photographs of our Venus fly traps they have grown, I will start with the three I bought from Hampshire Carnivorous Plants when I visited the nursery on 31st March,

the first one had put out a few new traps, 

as well as a second flower spike, 

the spike on the second plant growing nicely, 

last week the third had developed 2 new traps,

but this week there were another 3 traps growing! all of this in just a week, 

the first Venus fly trap that Diana bought for me at Coolings and we also visited Coombe Gardens, was still doing well,

the flower still not yet open, it is considered that on young plants the flower can be draining on the energy of the plant, with that in mind I trimmed the two flower stalks off of the other plants leaving just 2 plants with a stalk each, 

and having read that sometimes the stalks will produce a new plant,

I popped them in the propagator, that I had put some seeds into, with I have to say zero success, time will tell if I have any success with the flower stems, in the afternoon Diana returned from work, so feet up for a coffee and a chat, then time for our evening meal,

first a sherry and a read, 

for our starter chicken liver pate, with a sliced pepper salad, 

eyes down and tuck in!

chicken and chips for Diana,

and a change for myself, a venison steak, Diana thought it a bit sad that I was eating Bambi, but it was only one of his relatives, 

'Cheers!',

for dessert a Eton mess with strawberries and raspberries, 

delicious!, after which we listen to some music before our film for the evening, 

Ghostbusters, the 1984 original, great fun as we had not watched the film for so many years, after which as we have a early start tomorrow, we were off to bed.


No comments: