Thursday 18 April 2024

As I Started To Post The Blog,

there he was,


a single duck on the roof of a neighbours house, 

it still looks strange to me, seeing a duck on a rooftop,

blog posted and I was out, into a cold but sunny day, 

the chestnut trees in flower along the bus route,

the bus crowded today,

past Peter Pan's Pool,

in the distance grey clouds did not bode well for the day,

the bus was making good time, until the driver change at the bus station,

the wisteria here still not quite in flower,

Lewisham market up and running,

as I arrived in Blackheath village the florists just opening, 

a nice show of cut flowers, 

the aroma of stocks filling the air, 

the lilies looking really exotic, 

lots of potted plants too,

the upline train had just left for town,

a change of trains at Dartford, 

the weeping willows now looking their best after a winters rest, 

a quick photograph over Gravesend as I ran for the bus, 

and joined the queue,

I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays,

the tree behind the wall in the winter will be covered in berries,

many of the other trees,

covered in blossom, inside Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away about our trip to Ramsgate at the weekend, and our plans for the summer, also a squirrel called by, but by the time I grabbed the camera he was gone, as Duncan's lunch arrived we said our goodbyes and I made a move for the bus stop,

outside all of the roses now in bud, I was lucky with the bus and train, I did not have to change trains at Dartford, so after a hour or so I was on the number 54 bus passing the flower beds, 

at Lewisham hospital, there are 2 colours in the borders, a gay pink,
 
and a dark red, and then, 

another delay as a driver change took place, 

the bee garden on top of this bus shelter, 

now completely taken over by weeds,

this one however, 

still has its original carpet of plants, now with an extra years growth,
 
as I started to walk home the wisteria at Foxgrove Lodge,

really starting to bloom now,

as were most of the plants in the garden,

blue skies as I turned the corner by the snail mail box, 

it was soon time for a read and a sherry, 

and a huge chicken curry that Diana had left for me, 

'Cheers!', after my meal I watched a Deadliest Catch, followed by a Outback Gold Hunters, after which Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat, as we settled down to watch a Midsomer Murder, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: