Saturday 6 April 2024

Last Month,

I made mention of a film I watched, 


 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxywhich I thoroughly enjoyed having read the book and watched the 1981 version, what a all star cast, Martin Freeman, Sam Rockwell, Mos Def, Zooey Deschanel, Bill Nighy, Anna Chancellor, John Malkovich, and the voices of Stephen Fry, Helen Mirren, Thomas Lennon, Richard Griffiths, Ian McNeice, Bill Bailey and Alan Rickman, and then today I saw a copy of the book which I had also read offered for sale, 

and here it is, a copy of the 1979 The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, published in London by Arthur Barker Limited, 

this is the first edition, first impression, it is uncommon to see the first U.K. edition in the original unclipped second state dust wrapper, without the advert to the rear wrap,

hence the price, £1,400.00, available at Rooke Books, naturally I read the mass produced paperback!


No comments: