Tuesday 9 April 2024

What Have All Of These Got In Common?

apart from the fact that they are all by, 


 Kyoto-based Tomona Matsukawa“I’m not sure if I’m jealous or just feeling lonely, but still” (2023),

“My flower will never die” (2021), they are all examples of, 

“I can’t help thinking about it, but still” (2021), his paintings, not photographs, the first is oil on linen mounted on panel, the second and third are oil on panel, the more I look at them the more amazed I am that they are not photographs, Matsukawa will be participating in a residency program this spring in Paris, which will culminate in a solo exhibition at the contemporary art gallery Ceysson & Bénétière (May 16th to June 29th, 2024). You can also keep up with the artist’s work on Instagram, what amazing pieces of artwork.


No comments: