Saturday 14 September 2024

As It Was Diana's Day Off,

first thing we were up and out, 


into a cold day, autumn appears to be here, 

clear blue skies, 

off of the bus in Bromley, Diana wanted to go window shopping,

past the Partridge, Diana went shopping whilst I popped into the bank, I had called Robbie to remedy a couple of things in the bathroom, firstly our shower was not draining properly, despite using bottles of Mr. Muscle to clear it, the drain needed a severe professional talking to, also our mixer tap in the shower was failing to deliver hot water, the shower was warm but not hot, so a new mixer tap was needed, finally the central heating boiler in the kitchen was displaying a 'Service Required' message, so that was also on Robbie's list, cash collected and I was on my way, 

past Primark, I was on a mission, I had said that I would bring a few songs that I have to Thailand and give them to Doc. Jeff, when we meet up there, so I needed to buy a blank CD to put them on, easier said than done,  

I passed the haberdashery in Market Square, 

and some of the Friday market stalls,

looking colourful in the morning sun,

handbags anyone?

I was tempted at the fishmongers stall,

when I saw pots of cockles and whelks, 

and these, 

Cromer crabs, 

as well as a few other fish, but I resisted, 

into W H Smith's, where I was sort of successful, I only wanted one CD, so I thought I would have to buy a pack of say 5, but they only had packs of 25 at a ridiculous price, so that was it, the hunt was on for a pack of 5 CD's,

I passed Lidl where I will be calling into later, 

several shops later including HMV

and CEX, Poundland and a few shops selling computer and telephone accessories it was obvious, I was dealing with a extinct technology, I had already looked on the Internet, a pack of 5 CD's was £3.95, plus £1.95 postage, so I guess I will buy them on the net, but then I thought about buying a memory stick, 

again a total lack of memory sticks until I went back into one of the shops I had be to before that repaired telephones and sold bits and pieces, and there it was, the salesman brought me a 4 GB stick, at £10.00, well the cheaper option was the CD's so I said no, after explaining I would just be giving it away, £8.00 came the reply, I started to walk out of the shop, £6.00 came the distant reply, and fainter "yours for a fiver!" it is great when you really do not want something at a price so you just walk away, anyway at a £5.00 it was a cheaper option that buying the CD's off of the Internet, I made my way past the Churchill Theatre, 

and saw these bamboos for sale, they were the black bamboos I like so much, 

as they grow older the stems turn to a rich black colour, at £20.00 each, I thought that reasonable compared to prices I had seen elsewhere, after which I called into Lidl, a couple of bottles of sherry for myself and some wine for Duncan for next weeks visit, shopping over we had arranged to meet in The Greyhound for a bite to eat, 

'Cheers!',

Diana went with a pizza, 

scampi and chips for myself, the bill came to £22.00 including Diana's coke, arriving home Robbie called round, good and bad news, the mixer was easily changed over, but after investigating the blockage for the shower it was outside of the building, a ladder which Robbie did not have on board was needed, so he will call back next week with a ladder, hopefully clear the blockage and service the boiler, the mixer came to £100.00, good job I went to the bank as I do not normally carry that amount of cash,

in the evening I was out to meet Steve in Penge, 

at the Moon & Stars,

Steve decided to try 2 different beers, I stuck with my tipple, a San Miguel with a dash of lime juice,

we rounded off the evening with a dark stout for Steve, and a large Kraken for myself, after saying our goodbyes we made a move for our homes, arriving home Diana was already in bed, I was just in time for a Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: