Thursday 5 September 2024

Blog Posted,

and I was on my way to visit Duncan,


into a bright day, 

and onto a number 54 bus, which for some reason was quite crowded, past Peter Pan's Pool, 

looking towards Catford, almost clear skies, 

a change of drivers at Catford bus garage slowed the journey down,
 
going past Lewisham hospital, a union was on strike, strangely enough the new Labour government caved into the train drivers many of who are on £65,000 a year and gave them a extra £10,000 a year I believe, so I guess other unions are trying their luck,

the one way system still in place around Lewisham, here a new precinct is being laid, 

it was a good job I did not wait until today to buy this months tickets to visit Duncan!

I thought not much had been happening to the roof repairs at Blackheath station, and then I looked up, the roof had gone!

great news on two fronts, the train went through to Gravesend, so no changing trains at Dartford, also as I left the train the bus was waiting at the bus stop, a quick run and I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays, 

into the grounds of the home,

still a few apples left, many had already been gathered or had fallen,

into the nursing home where Duncan was in the lounge, a group from Age Concern was here, bring all manner of treats like sausage rolls, cakes and biscuits, as it happens Duncan did not join them at the tables that had been put together, so I sat with him and chatted away as usual, when the people from Age Concern left, the lunches were served, so we said our goodbyes and I left,

on the way out I always wonder why the owner of the Range Rover parks the car under the apple tree, I would have thought the falling fruit may have damaged it, but there it is, onto and off of the bus at the station,

when I noticed this beauty in the queue at the traffic light, 

I know it is a Cadillac, but I am not sure of the year or model,

off of the train which again thankfully went through to Blackheath and onto a crowded number 54 bus,

the works on the pavement,

in the High Street progressing well, no one was working, but I guess it was a extended lunch break, then a slight change of route, I later found out there was a fire, so buses were being diverted, 

first a stop to left everyone that did not want the diversion off, 

then for passengers like myself which were going past the fire, which had 70 firefighters in attendance

a trip around Hither Green, where I had not been to before, 

the bus re-joined Bromley Road at Catford, 

coming up to one of the bee gardens on top of a bus shelter, 

this one had failed miserably, 

off of the bus and into the park, I watched a couple of quiz shows,
 
before my evening meal, first a read and a sherry, 

Diana had left me a delicious tuna and sweetcorn salad, 

'Cheers!', after which a Deadliest Catch, at nearly the end of which Diana returned home, so a coffee and a chat as we settled down for a Midsomer Murder before Diana was off to bed, for myself a Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before I too was of to bed.


No comments: