Thursday 12 September 2024

Blog Posted,

and I was out on my way to visit Duncan,


a bright but slightly chilly day, 

on to the number 54 bus and past the new mini roundabout at the entrance to the park, 

not much further up the road, road works, which was a tad difficult as the traffic lights were not working, 

looking towards Catford, a bright blue sky, 

the bee garden on top of this bus shelter changing colour for the colder weather, 

not much traffic at Catford, 

the  bus on its usual detour around Lewisham, 

and more road works, 

the ticket office closed as usual, 

then disaster! all trains from London had been cancelled, no word of what to do next for customers to complete their journey, back upstairs where thankfully a railway worker had appeared, he told everybody to catch a up line train to Lewisham and pick up the Dartford/Gravesend train there, 

and here I was at Lewisham station, I do not normally use this station as it is a good walk from the number 54 bus stop, 

the good news was that the train would go through Dartford, so no changing trains there, the train duly arrived, the next station? Blackheath, I kid you not, as the train went through Blackheath I looked at the spot where I was standing 40 minutes earlier! why the train could not stop is anyone guess, how strange and annoying to put their customers through extra travel and make them late, 

I eventually arrived at Gravesend, on to the number 483 bus, 

off of the bus and up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays, 

looking at the apple tree at the entrance, 

a lot of the apples have now fallen, 

the sky starting to cloud over, inside Duncan was in good sprits, we chatted away about our trip to Santa Pod, on Sunday, and then a nice surprise, 

Alan called by, he was in-between shifts, he also brought Duncan more chocolate, which Duncan appreciated, after a hour or so we said our goodbyes, 

outside it was still nice and bright, 

Alan and his 2.3 litre Triumph, amazingly it has a bigger engine than our Jaguar!

I walked out of the nursing home, 

behind me I could hear a rider approaching, 

and Alan drove past, onto the train which stopped at Blackheath after going through Dartford, next on to the number 54 bus, 

at the far end of Lewisham work was continuing on the pavement, 

and here was a novelty, there were actually a few workers here today!

it will look nice when it is finished, I guess, 

I had not photographed the flower beds at the hospital for a few weeks, and a bit sorry for themselves they looked,

on this bus shelter, 

the bee garden totally dead, 

off of the bus and into the park past Foxgrove lodge,

the skies still blue and it had warmed up a tad, 

in the park a dead oak tree was being removed, 

just a part of the huge trunk, 

and stump of the tree remaining, 

in the evening time for a sherry and a read, the latest copy of Private Eye was waiting for me by our front door, 

on the table the sunflower heads, we are hoping they will dry out so we can give the seeds to Steve and Kai, 

Diana had left me a huge chicken curry, 

'Cheers!', I watched a Deadliest Catch after my meal, when Diana arrived home it was time for a Midsomer Murder, we had seen it before so long ago so it was nice to watch again, after which 2 from Call My Bluff, before we were off to bed.


No comments: