Friday 13 September 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as it is Diana day off, 


so first thing we will be out, back to Thursday I had a quiet day, Diana was at work, I just bimbled around the flat, also I got in touch with David, who is coordinating the pest control guys, I will be meeting them again on the 30th, hopefully the first of only two further visits to block up the entry points for the squirrels in the roof.

     I did have some very sad news in the morning, Graham who I have known and worked with for over 40 years called, a gang of what appears to be professional car thieves, angle grinded two super strong padlocks and broke the central lock of his garage door and stole his pride and joy, his vintage Ford Consul, it was immaculate and had a huge V8 engine, 

the car was similar to this one, he had the car in the garage for the past 9 - 10 years with no problems, only last year at one of the car shows he goes to he won a huge Best in Show trophy, the reason I say they were professional was not only were they armed with 2 angle grinders, (locals nearby heard not one but two angle grinders), they also had a low loader, even worse one of his neighbours when they did go out saw his car being loaded onto the low loader, but as it was 09.30 in the morning thought Graham was sending his car away for repairs or a service, such a shame, they will never be another one like it, he filed a report with the police, with no hope of finding it.

In the evening I watched a couple of Antiques Road Trips, after which I popped out to pick Diana up from work, on the way back in the park we saw two young foxes, one investigating the remains of the tree trunk which today was removed, as we had a coffee we watched a episode of Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: