Tuesday 17 September 2024

I Do Enjoy The Occasional Tipple,

spiced rum as it happens, 


but I was intrigued when I saw this bottle of whisky, not my tipple of choice but it was the bottle that I was interested in, 

beverage company Diageo has produced what it believes is the world's lightest standard-sized glass spirits bottle for its Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ultra whisky,

a typical 700-millilitre bottle spirits bottle weighs around 500 grams, the special-edition Johnnie Walker bottle weighs just 180 grams without a lid, and was made in a quest to reduce the carbon emissions from packaging, the company says that, based on calculations by British Glass, every gram of glass reduction means over half a gram less carbon emissions in production, but wait a second I think I must have missed something here, to keep the weight down a normal bottle bottom could not be used, it had to be rounded, it will not stand up, so use more packaging in the form of a bamboo cage to support it, and then add more packaging to sell it! I guess that saves the planet?

anyway Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ultra is being released in a limited edition of 888 sold at £1,000, and will be launched at the London Design Festival with an installation called Liquid Light by Marshmallow Laser Feast at the Old Selfridges Hotel in Marylebone, would I like one? well yes, not to drink, but in a few years time its value is sure to go up!


No comments: