Tuesday 10 September 2024

I Had A Quiet Monday,

 Diana was at work.


for myself I posted Sunday's blog which took a bit of time, made a few changes on the shops web page watched some television, and that was about it, Diana returned home in the afternoon, after our evening meal we watched a couple of Antiques Road Trips, no more BattleBots I am afraid, I guess it was not popular with the viewing audience, a shame but there it is, next a new one for Diana, but a old favorite for myself, 

Call My Bluff, the game comprised two teams of three (a captain and two guests) who would compete to earn points by identifying the correct definitions of obscure words. The teams took turns to give three definitions, one true and two bluffs, while the other team attempted to determine which was correct, examples of words used in the show, taken from a 1972 book published in connection with it, include queach, strongle, ablewhacket, hickboo, jargoon, zurf, morepork, and jirble. The word queach was defined by the contestants as "a malicious caricature", "a cross between a quince and a peach" and "a mini-jungle of mixed vegetation" (with the last definition being the true one), it was great fun and amazingly Diana did in fact choose the correct definition more often than I did, the program was broadcast between 17 October 1965 to 22 December 1988, I have to admit I enjoyed it at the time and so did many others as can be seen from the number of shows that were broadcast, there were 12 series shown on BBC1 and 25 series on BBC2, BBC1 showing 469 episodes and 542 episodes in BBC2, just over 1,000 episodes, amazing! after which Diana was off to bed, for myself a Have I Got A Bit More News For You before I too was off to bed.


No comments: