Thursday 3 December 2009

I Love Taking Photographs,

but it appears that I may not be able to do so in the UK, two Police Community Support Officers stopped Andrew White, from Brighton as he was 'taking too many photographs in a busy shopping area', he was taking pictures of the Christmas lights but was questioned by police under anti-terror laws, the PCSOs demanded his personal details, including his name and address, Mr White said: 'I had nothing to hide so I just provided the details, now I'm concerned about where those details are going to end up, 'I only took one or two photos but even if I had taken more, who are they to say what is too many? so I guess his name will go onto a police data base, I can see it now, reason for stoping the suspect? suspected terrorist, could be dangerous in the future, keep under occasional surveillance, I wonder if that is really on his record, or will his details be thrown away? note to self, when in the UK take pictures that cannot be mistaken as terrorist activities!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the subject of all things electrical .. Do you remember, many years ago in the UK, when purchasing any electrical appliance - it came WITHOUT a plug attached!

Seems almost unthinkable now, but if you bought a toaster, radio-cassette player, sandwich toaster, radio, heater etc; it came without a plug.

The purchaser had to buy (or borrow!) a plug and wire up. Not a problem to attach a plug, but more hassle than we would put up with nowadays, when we expect everything 'up & running' straight from the box!

Also, a bit of a problem if your colour blind, and wiring up the live & earth with the brown, yellow, green colours etc. Also the fuse amps.

Happy Days!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, yes I do remember buying many products with out plugs, I can even remember one of my first science classes being shown how to wire a plug up, but in gran's house it was not too much of a problem, the electric wires were only 2 core and they were cloth covered! the strange thing is modern replicas are available to day, http://www.savoy-hill.co.uk/Wire.htm best regards, Stan and Diana.