Wednesday 16 December 2009

Some Of Our Plants Were Being Eaten,

and we now know who did it!
it was this little critter,
actually not that little,
it was about 4" long,
well that took care of that little mystery, as it was Tuesday it was off to Soi Bukoaw market, but first a quick snap of a Honda Gorilla, a much modified one,
first thing we saw was the boiling oil wok,
I am always amazed that there are not more accidents out here with these fryers,
well with Christmas just around the corner I had to buy Diana a couple of red dresses, there were lots to chose from,
this is inside the covered area, all of this disappears overnight, only to be put back on Friday,
a quick look at the fish shop, old habits die hard, I just can not go by one without having a look,
a few nice fancy goldfish,
there are lots of stalls like this one selling house hold goods, I wanted to buy some nylon string to repair my landing net as it was getting a bit old, but guess what? no string!
on to the flower section, lots of Christmas plants for sale,
whilst there a consignment of orchids arrived, all boxed and bagged up,
these are my favorite ones with large flowers,
like these,
I also noticed the first durian cart of I guess the new season,
and a new seed stand,
we are going to have an ice coffee each after all of that shopping!
of course I saw a few other things for Diana's Christmas presents,
which I dropped off to have wrapped, but by the time we arrived they were still not completed,
so I took a few pictures of some of the aquariums inhabitants, above a clam,
elegance coral, Catalaphyllia,
bubble coral, Plerogyra sinuosa,
another variety of a clam,
a diamondback goby, Valencienna puellaris,
we then called over to see Mike and Riza for a chat and a coffee,
home at last, Diana's presents,
under the tree is looking quite full now,
there is one or two for me in there somewhere! Diana in one of her new Christmas outfits,
and here we are at Cherry's, Diana had a strawberry shake and after the complimentary spring roll a helping from the salad bar,
vodka soda for me,
main course Chicken stuffed with spinach for Diana, baked salmon for me,
"Cheers!" from both of us,
then Diana still feeling hungry had a complete baked salmon,
the one serving was enough for me,
then on to the deserts, fruit cocktail for Diana, banana split for me,
and of course a pose by the Christmas tree,
when we arrived home we were overwhelmed by the delicate smell from the Jasmine bush,
there was hardly any breeze, it just hung in the air, well yet again another first class meal from Cherry's all you can eat for just 295 a head, then off to the land of nod.

No comments: