Monday 20 August 2018

For Today,

we were out for Sunday lunch, 


 so glad rags on and we braved the elements, just before we left it had been raining heavily, 

 on to the 10 baht bus and here we were, looking at the top floor to the Robin Hood,

 which is in the Pattaya Avenue on Second Road,

 we made our way to the staircase,

 and here we were, 

 Diana choose a melon shake to go with her meal, 

 we did not go for the carvery which was 395 for soup, main course and dessert, but ordered a small 199 roast for Diana,

 Jim who joined us went with the 299 plate,

 as did I,

 I am not a betting person, but I did have a bet with Jim, which was 'I bet my starter appears half way through the main course'

 and it did! I had broken my golden rule when it comes to eating a two or three course meal in Thailand, namly what I always, (except today), do, is to order my starter, eat it, once the starter is finished, order my main course eat it and only then order my dessert, so after my main course I had my prawn cocktail starter, 

 on to desserts, 

 a banoffee,

 for Diana which we shared,

 and one for Jim,

as we were chatting in the center of the picture in the tree outside on the top of it, I noticed a bird,

 unfortunately the small camera I am using does not have a good zoom like our other camera that is being repaired, 

 we said our farewells to Jim, and I had to have a pose as we left, 

 we made our way downstairs ,

 looking at the water feature,

 and some of the mature trees that had been left in place when the Avenue was developed,

at the bottom of the stairs,

 one of the many VW camper vans that at night belt out music and become cocktail bars,

 the paint in places was lifting due to rust, lack of metal pretreatment I am guessing,

 we decided to walk back to the police box by the school, at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Second Road for our bhat bus home, walking past this soap shop we just had to stop,   

they looked so nice and filled the air with a wonderful aroma,

we past Ripley's, at the Royal Garden,

and were soon home, after watching a few Bargain Hunts it was fee up for the Sunday night film, The Great Wall, what a spectacle, almost all action with fearsome creatures that every 60 years try to storm the wall and eat the population, but this time the creatures had a cunning plan, so it is then for us mere mortals to catch up, and no I am not going to do the Ketchup joke, what a great movie, we really both enjoyed it and with the end of that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

John S said...

Hi Stan

I used to enjoy seeing pictures of those three beautiful cats which you had in the old house. Are they likely to put in another appearance in the near future ?
Keep up the good work

John

PattayaStan said...

Dear John, unfortunately not, it was a heart wrenching decision but we had to find a new home for them, so we will not be seeing them again, our lives will be changing, hence the move to the condominium where no pets are allowed, over the next year or so we will be updating on what the future holds for us, hopefully it will all be good news, best regards, Stan and Diana.