Sunday 12 August 2018

I Have Not Played With My Stamps For SomeTime,

but I still receive emails, 


from companies I have bought stamps from in the past, with special offers or news of shows in the UK like this company above, Mark Bloxham Stamps Ltd.

and in this email there were both, firstly news of Stampex September 2018, a huge stamp show, with dealers from all over the UK in attendance, the show will be in held in the Business Design Centre, Islington, London, N1 OQH,
below the opening times,

OPENING TIMES:
Wednesday 12th September 11.00 to 7pm
Thursday 13th September 10.00 to 6pm
Friday 14th September 10.00 to 6pm
Saturday 15th September 10.00 to 5pm

 and if you are going the nearest Tube Station is Angel (Northern Line), and if you want to call in to see Mark he will be on stand 110, I wish I was there!


  the second item in the email was my dream stamp, SG456a 1935 Silver Jubilee 2 1/2d, the fabulous and rare Purrsian Blue, which was un-mounted mint with a PTS Certificate,

a real treasure to have an to hold, there is quite a story behind the stamp, it all started with the printers printing sheets of the stamps before realising they were using the wrong coloured ink, all of the sheets were destroyed except the few that made it to the post office in Upper Edmonton, Stanley Gibbons and GB philatelists confidently claim that a maximum of 480 of these stamps have ever existed in circulation, for the full story have a look here, and the price of this beauty? just £9,995, if only I had the money it would make my collection of 1935 Jubilee stamps one nearer to being complete.


No comments: