Tuesday 21 August 2018

Succulents,

are like cactus,


and in case you are wondering for a succulent to be considered a cactus, the plant must have areoles, 

which are small, round, cushion-like mounds of flesh where spines, hair, leaves, flowers, and more grow from the cactus,

but these succulents are like no other,

 as both they and the cactus they are with are good enough to eat,

 two years ago Leslie Vigil decided to merge her love of succulents and baking, using buttercream to decorate cupcakes and multi-teared cakes with bountiful collections of aloe, cacti, and echeveria,

but tradisional cake decorating tools did not make the desired effect, so Vigil modified her materials with pliers to more accurately represent the plants she wished to display on her sugary confections,


"I’ve always found myself at home in a botanical garden or wrists deep in soil, being in nature has always brought me tremendous joy and inspiration. So, I was inspired to begin challenging myself to create flowers, succulents and cacti that truly honored and represented botanicals in nature as I knew them." edible cactus and succulents who would have thought it?


No comments: