Thursday 23 August 2018

We Watched Some Television,

in the afternoon,


 a few shows like Bargain Hunt and Antiques Road Show, and then a favorite film of mine, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, there are some films that I like so much I just have to watch them over and over again, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End is one of them, this is what I wrote about it when we watched it before,

'what can one say about Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, not so much a black and white movie, more sepia toned, so many wonderful lines,

'If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink,' 

sounds like me! the film is totally mad, Vivian Stanshall narrated and starred in the movie, as it happens I saw him live in The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, when they performed at the Goldsmiths Collage in New Cross, and here is a piece of trivia, the real Sir Henry Rawlinson, of whom Viv was unaware, died exactly 100 years to the day before Viv. the film you will love or hate, I loved it, Diana fell asleep!'

now here a strange thing she fell asleep when we watched it again this time!

the one great thing about Sir Henry is that he combines his interests with a passion, take the still above from the movie, he takes three of his favourite vices, boats, a Purdey shotgun and his couple of drink optics placed on the side of the boat, what could possibly go wrong? again for me a great totally mad movie, then at the end of the movie Mark called by for a tea and a chat, soon after he left, for us,

 it was gladrags on,

 and we were off,


 on Thappraya Road,

 we were going to meet Jim and Cher, but they could not make it, so it was Mr. Tony and us,

 stater for Diana, a prawn cocktail,

for Mr.Tony a Hungarian goulash soup with beef & bread

 for myself, a lobster bisque,  

 'Cheers!',

 for Diana's main course she chose lasagna,

 for Mr. Tony and myself we shared a Chateaubriand, with plenty of vegetables and three different sauces,

 for dessert a tiramisu for Diana,

for Mr. Tony vanilla cheesecake with blueberry compote,

 an for myself a classic crème brûlée with fruit, what a great meal, after  saying our goodbyes to Mr. Tony we made our way home where it was feet up for a couple from Columbo and we were off to bed.


No comments: