Tuesday 14 August 2018

If I Found One,

on the beach,


 would I pick kit up and put it on my hand? probably not, but then I have been watching way too many films like the 1958 The Blob, and the 1988 remake, not to mention the upcoming release of the new 2019 The Blob,

 back to the post,

 theses are pictures of some of the brightly colored sculptural blobs that appear to drip from their installation on shelves, they are the work of Dan Lam


 the polyurethane foam and epoxy resin works are covered in thousands of tiny spikes which are applied using a piping bag and acrylic paint, 

 Lam creates time-lapse videos of this application, 

which offer satisfying peeks into her labor-intensive process, Lam has an upcoming solo exhibition at Stephanie Chefas Projects in Portland, Oregon which opens on October 5, and will be the artist-in-residence from October 8 to November 9, 2018 at Teton Art Lab in Jackson, Wyoming, You can see more of Lam’s soft, spike-covered sculptures on her Instagram, and I am still not sure if one washed upon the shore I would pick it up!


No comments: