Monday 24 December 2018

Diana's Tray Of Succulents,

finished and on the window still,


 before lunch I popped out for a walk,

 past the tennis courts on the left,

 and the Christmas tree at the parks entrance,

  to the Beckenham Cricket Club, where I picked up a key to the side gate by the tennis courts, which cuts a corner when we walk to the club,

 looking back to the club house, the seating outside was a popular spot with Steve and myself in the cricket season, watching the game over a pint or three,

 I made my way back to the old pavilion, our home behind it,

 this is the first time I have been over to this side of the cricket pitch,

 I made my way past the tennis courts,

 and there are lots of them,

 arriving home for our Sunday lunch,


today Diana had cooked two lamb shanks,

 which we followed with for myself a mince pie,

and a sticky toffee pudding for Diana, we had a lazy afternoon,

in the evening a golden oldie The House of Fear, the story as written was The Adventure of the Five Orange Pips, a group of friends at dinner would receive an anonymous envelope, with orange pips in, the recipient would soon come to a sticky end, send for Sherlock! we followed that with a couple from Poirot, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: