Thursday 20 December 2018

I Am Not Quite Sure,

what to make of these,


 the artist calls them,

 'Mechanical Mutants',

  “I create life form objects, such as insects, fish and animals sometimes in my imagination,” the artist says. “Creating the body, I use paper-mache and wires. After painting with lacquer paint, decorate with metal and electric parts such as bolts, nuts and so on. Our life is getting more convenient with technological advance. On the other hand, so much material is wasted. If lifeforms evolve like machines, they might be called ‘Mechanical Mutants.’”

 the sculptures of Yasuhito Udagawa, also known as Shovel Head, imagine a world in which animal adaptations are mechanical in nature,

 a couple more from his web page,

as I mentioned I am not sure what to make of them, but they are certainly different form other works we have made posts about.


No comments: