Saturday 22 December 2018

I Enjoy A Glass Of Wine With My Meal,

purely medicinal of course,


red, white, rose, all are fine for myself, but blue wine? what is that all about? French businessman René Le Bail has launched Vindigo – a turquoise blue wine made from 100% chardonnay, produced in the Almeria region of Spain, the drink gets its bright hue from being passed through a pulp of red grape skins that contain the natural pigment, anthocyanin, despite the surprising colour, the brand also markets itself as 100% natural, priced at 12 euros (£10.70) a bottle, Le Bail is selling Vindigo from his company’s base in Sète in the south-east of France, the first order was made up of 35,000 bottles, and they are already proving to be a hit, and I have just found out that Vindigo isn’t the first blue wine to hit shelves in recent years, Spanish start-up company Gik developed an indigo-coloured drink in 2015 and last year, fizz brand Eden unveiled its blue sparkling wine, I am intrigued, I will look out for it, well these things just have to be done!


No comments: