Thursday 1 August 2019

I Have Been Fascinated With Spirographs,

as far back as I can remember,


 in fact whilst in Thailand I bought a set of Wild Gears,

 but they could not produce patterns anywhere as good as these,

 they are the work of James Nolan Gandy who uses his metalworking knowledge to create drawing machines that produce finely tuned, yet expressive works,

 the machines are purely mechanical, 

 to create multi-color works Gandy must pause the machine to switch out each color,

and to create different effects change the colour of the paper,

one of his machines in action,

and for a longer almost mesmerizing look, above is a longer video, although for myself I turned down the volume and chose a slightly different soundtrack, You can view more of his finished work on his website and Instagramwhat an amazing machine it really is!


No comments: