Sunday 12 January 2020

We Had A Cunning Plan,

Diana wanted a couple of passport photographs,


 and there was a photobooth in Beckenham, also I was nearly out of boxed wine, so we would go to the photobooth and do our weekly shopping in the only place that sells 3 liter boxes of wine in Beckenham, Lidl, so photographs done, shopping almost completed, the wines and spirits just by the check out, and you know what I am going to say, no boxes of red wine, so bottles it is then, which is such a huge waste of resources, one cardboard box and liner to fold flat and dispose of, as opposed to 3 or 4 glass bottles, making the same volume as a 3 liter box, unlike Thailand where wine can be bought in 3, 5, 10, 12 or 15 liter boxes, the bigger boxes for restaurant house wines, here in the UK boxes seem to be all 2.25 liter boxes, with the exception of Lidl who have 3 litre boxes, or if you have a card Costco that have 5 liter boxes,
 so Diana was off to work, as I and the bottles in the bags clanked,

back to the bus stop for home, I spent the afternoon on the computer, I had a message that my Google space was almost used up, and if I did not buy more space I would not be able to send or receive emails, so I spent the afternoon deleting hundreds of old emails,

 in the evening time for a sherry,

 for my starter a prawn cocktail,

 next a wine, 

 for my main course I had a selection of Italian cold cuts and biscuits, to keep in the Italian theme what better than a selection of Italian music?

so what better than this 6 DC box set, I hummed along to songs like ths, 

 Zucchero E Pepe by Bruno Rosettani and Trio Aurora, 

I had so many books to choose to read, I decided on this one by Alasdair Gray

as just recently he passed away aged 85, the book was titled, Unlikely Stories, Mostly, I read several of the stores over the course of the evening, some short, just 5 lines, two that stick in my mind, The Comedy of the White Dog, which was far from a comedy and The Great Bear Cult, a look into the past,

 so everything was A-OK, just a shame that Diana was at work, 

 but when she called just before midnight I walked her back from the bus stop, at home she said hello to our new house guest,

 a cute little yellow boxfish, (Ostracion cubicus).

 I am hoping to keep him well feed so he does not bother the soft corals, as it happens he beat the clownfish to a mysis shrimp I put in for food,

 as he grows over the next year or so it will be back to the shop as he will eventually outgrow the aquarium, Diana just loves him already, well he is just so cute at barely an inch long, we watched one from Have I Got News For You, and for us we were then off to bed.


No comments: